Hi all,
    I'm actually working on a application for generating dynamic virtual

host and locations in these virtual host from a web interface.
    The purpose of this application is to give a non-administrator the
possibility of adding on the fly virtualhost to a webserver without
modifying httpd.conf and to add locations to a specific virtualhost.

    So far I've manage to do the part of generating the httpd.conf file
through <Perl> sections which takes all the necessary data from a MySQL
server. The tricky part is to update the server configuration without
having to restart the server.
    I've looked on the web and in the archives of the mailing list and
found things about
using the PerlInitHandler and sending Apache a SIGUSR1 signal.
    I don't know how to do this as I'm quite new to the mod_perl
programming. I would
also want to know if it won't be too slow to check the modifications
times of the
config in the database at each client request.

Do you have any other idea of doing this ?
What will be the more efficient way to update my configuration against a
database ?

Thanks for answers and ideas,

Regards,
        Mathieu

ps: my configuration : apache 1.3.24/mod_perl 1.26 on a linux box.