We're developing a pretty complex web app using mod_perl and Mason
and I'd like to use some form of MVC structure to keep things
manageable.

I'm looking for some pointers on MVC in this context. Specifically, M
is easy ... use Perl objects, but how are others implementing the
Controllers and Views in order to keep them separate?

If I understand correctly, the Mason component that generates the
page the user sees would be considered the View. But where is the
Controller? I assume that, conceptually, the Controller is the code
that responds to a given web request and decides which view to
display. This is code I would normally have put in the <%init>
section of the display component (with a possible redirect to another
component based on application logic). This sounds like C and V are
not separated as they should be.

What's the "right" way to do it?  (None of this TMTOWTDO stuff now, I
want the RIGHT way :-)   ... and do I have the concepts right?

--
  Ray Zimmerman  / e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 428-B Phillips Hall
   Sr Research  /   phone: (607) 255-9645  /  Cornell University