On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, Barry Hoggard wrote:

> I don't think the standard HTML::Template has support for formatting
> numbers, dates, etc.

And thank the sweet lord it doesn't!  HTML::Template is a "do one thing
and do it well" module.  If you want routines for formatting "numbers,
dates, etc." then CPAN has just what you need.

> How do you make sure that it's done consistently in your applications?

Code reviews and testing.  I don't know of any other way, module support
or no module support.

> It seems problematic to me to require the programmers to do work when a
> designer wants to change the number of decimals in a page, for example.

HTML::Template::Expr may present a solution to this particular desire,
although it isn't one I've come across.  How often are HTML designers
fiddling with numeric formats?  Are they really HTML designers if they can
deal with, say, a printf-style format string?

-sam