Rob Nagler wrote:
> Let's say, though, that you want the same template to render
> in a WAP, Opera, Konqueror, IE, NS, etc.  The implementation of Grid
> handles this for you.  For example, our code automatically renders
> style sheets for IE5+, but no other browsers.  (This isn't in Grid,
> but you get what I mean, I hope.)

The same template?  How does the layout manager help with that?  Does it
modify the template?  It would make more sense to me if this were a sort
of abstraction to factor out common layout ideas from multiple templates.

> However, sometimes you have dense tables where you allow wrapping and
> other sparse tables where you don't.  We have a really wide table for
> admins which allows them to see all EC info at a glance.  It has to
> wrap all cells or it wouldn't fit on some screens.  When the customer
> sees the payment reason, on their subscription page, it doesn't wrap.
> Two views of the same data.

That doesn't require a layout manager though.  Simple templating is fine
for that, i.e. two different templates (views).

- Perrin