Perrin Harkins writes:
> You can actually do that pretty comfortably with Template Toolkit.  You
> could use a filter for example, which might look like this:
>
> [% FILTER font('my_first_name_font') %]
> ... some text, possibly with other template directives in it...
> [% END %]

One of the reasons Perl is popular is its idioms.  Having to say
something in three lines is not as idiomatic as one line.  It takes a
lot of discipline to use it everywhere.  In other words, I don't think
the above is more comfortable than:

    String(['User.first_name'], 'my_first_name_font');

Note also the accessor for User.first_name in Template Toolkit is
probably nontrivial.

Rob