Fran Fabrizio wrote:

> We're currently struggling for an easy way to distribute our
> apache/mod_perl/mod_ssl-based application to our data center folks who
> are in a different state and whom we must presume know nothing about
> apache, mod_perl or mod_ssl and are capable of nothing more complicated
> than using RPM to install/update a package.
> As such, does there exist such a thing as an RPM that installs apache
> with mod_perl AND mod_ssl enabled?  I presume this would also have to
> include openssl.  I can only imagine what a pain it would be to create
> this beast, but if it's been done, I'd like to give it a try.

what o/s and version are you running?

i have an rpm for apache 1.3.22, mod_perl 1.26, and mod_ssl 2.8.5 that i
run on redhat 6.2.  i'd be glad to give you the .src (or the .rpm if you
also run redhat 6.2) if you would like it.

or, i could just give you the .spec if you'd like to build a new rpm
with the latest versions.