Wow!  I kept deleting the MVC Soup mailings wihtout reading...I saw "Soup",
thought Soap. . .and just deleted.

>From what I have read thusfar of the archives on MVC....yes!  I agree.  I
want to read MORE!!!  I have been a practicing "wannabe" programmer for
sometime, and I have been working out the issues of "MVC" on my own time as
a learning experience for mod_perl, sql, html, et cetera.  I figured the
rest of the world already had all this figured out, and I outta catch up
with the curve.

The one thing I have been thinking over of recent is my basic templating
system.  I have content broken into sheets that can be infinately nested
through programming the controller.  (I am trying to use this new lingo, so
I apologize if I mutilate my own words in the process).  I have broken the
langugae (e.g. English, Japanese, German) into separate config files.  Each
"CGI" is a separate application/module that can be added to the main
authentication controller (includes restrictions/access to users, user
levels (admin/guest/user), and groups of users).  Anything worth controlling
of any application can be done through TEXT config files.  Nothing new here,
I think.

What I would really like to hear is how people handle their own templating.
Is XML'izing (more pointedly XSLT'izing) the process worth the effort?  I
want to develop a system similar to how AxKit does things.  It identifies
the user's display, user's preferred language, et cetera and grabs the
correct content branch (e.g. html, pdf, wml, text).  Any of this can be
overridden by the user (e.g. give me this URL as PDF, or send this URL via
email to this address).

I know that there are a LOT of templating systems out there. . .N+1 for N
perl programmers.

And there is the issue of data checking/integrity/validation.  How
abstracted have people made this process, too?

Before I babble more than necessary...what about perl.apache.org taking on
this whole MVC issue as a part of the site?  Like someone else mentioned, we
have a lot of "tactical" information, but little "strategic" information
available.  Becauese there are so many ways to do things. . .it can be
frustrating. . . since while there are N ways to do it, IMHO there are only
n solutions worth considering.  And where n <<< N.  I would like to get to
that n ways before I die.  :)

Cheers,
Ward