On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Sam Tregar wrote:

> > I thought about this, and i'm wondering how much ppl realy use it in
> > this way. IMHO it should be a "Don't try this, it will break", instead
> > introducing this copy-"workaround".  But i think i will use this patch
> > only for my private-version, because i don't use such constructs ;)
>
> Well, someone used it that way - I got it as a bug-report in an early
It should be really a "Don't do it" ;)
I must admit, i ever thought that it works this way, because it's a waste
of ressources to copy the array.

> version of HTML::Template.  Maybe we could add an option like
> "no_loop_copy" that people could set on to get better performance?
Good idea, so it will be a "use it at your own risk", and noone can blame
you ;))

> > I have to print out much lines in a big loop, and these two patches helped
> > me to decrease the memusage from 50MB per instance to 5MB, but i haven`t
> > checked both things seperatly.
> Well, that does sound significant.  Please do determine which change
> caused this improvement.

I will try it tomorrow, but i must admit, that i had to print out REALLY
much lines ;)

ciao,
Nico