On 6/12/02 12:17 PM, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> James G Smith wrote:
>> The nice thing about the context then is that customers can have
>> multiple ones for multiple windows and they can have more than they
>> have windows.
>
> How do you tie a context to a window?  I don't see any reliable way to
> do it.  The only way to maintain state for a window (as opposed to
> global state for a session) is to pass ALL the state data on every link.

Nah, you could just shove a context param into all forms and links on each
page, and store the actually (possibly large) context server-side, keyed by
context id (and session id, see below)

    <input type="hidden" name="context_id" value="2">

Note the tiny context id.  If you lookup contexts using both the context id
and the (cookie-stored) session id, you can get really short context ids :)
Just an idea...

-John