Ok so Collections was the missing piece in my puzzle.  Very interesting
(and intuitive now that you present it to me).

>Controller:
>-----------
>my $Stale  = Model::WatchCollection->new( status => 'stale' );
>
>Controller:
>my $WC    = Model::WatchCollection->new();

Out of these two, I would think that the first one is actually
better.  What if you have 300,000 watches and only 25 are stale, for
example (numbers that are not all that far from the truth, in my
case)?   That'd be a lot of data I'd be slinging around in the 2nd
example.  Which is probably what you meant by "might be better". :-)

Thanks for the example code, it was very enlightening!  I'll digest further
at the office this morning.

-Fran