Hello folks,
Yesterday I posted a question about PerlTransHandler and received a lot
of responses. Thanks to all of you who replied. However, my problem
persists. I try to be more precise in explaining the problem today.
My login module sets a few cookies that expire 24 hrs after they are
set. Upon each request the validity of the cookies is checked, and in
case of an expired cookie, the user is redirected to the login page to
resubmit username/password again. A request with a fully qualified URL,
example: http://myserver.mydomain.com/someLocation, has no problem
continuing. The cookies are set. However, in case the URL has the
".domain.com" stripped, the login page is regenerated indefinitely. The
cookies never get set.
There were a few suggestions, such as using mod_rewrite, however that is
out of the question because mod_rewrite was not built with our http
server. My PerlTransHandler does not seem to be able to distinguish
myserver.domain.com/someLocation request with myserver/someLocation.
I appreciate any suggestions on this.
-r