Phil Dobbin wrote:
> On 20/6/02 at 20:30, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Tom Mornini) wrote:

>>If you're a good Perl programmer who has a strong sense of "the way it
>>should be" and can be simultaneously mean, nasty, angry, distrustful
>>and

[...]

> Sorry if I haven't kept up with this thread but, is this really the way the mod_perl
>list is going to go?
>
> Any clarification appreciated :-)

Yes Phil, this is how it was since the beginning (1996) and the majority
seems to be happy about this trend. If you want more info please read
the archives, where this thread has been discussed to death many times.

For those who are still confused here is a short summary:

OK:
- *mod_perl* job offers  posts
- *mod_perl* job seekers posts
both using the [JOB] or similar tag, so those uninterested can skip it.
See: http://perl.apache.org/release/maillist/email-etiquette.html#Tags

NOT OK:
- non-mod_perl offers/seekers posts
- companies looking for projects posts
- posts from the OK group without proper subject tags

Though if you are a company providing a commercial *mod_perl* support,
do submit the relevant URL for inclusion at this page:
http://perl.apache.org/release/help/commercial.html

Hope this explains all the confusions and keeps everybody happy.