Hi,

In a regular Apache configuration style, this works for me:

<Directory /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/capmon/>
<Files '_*.mod'>
  PerlSetEnv PERL5LIB /opt/capmon/inc:/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/capmon/cgi
  PerlSendHeader On
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::Registry
</Files>
</Directory>

Now why doesn't this work in a <perl> </perl> section, :

$Directory = {
  '/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/capmon/' => {
    'Files' => {
      '_*.mod' => {
        'PerlHandler' => 'Apache::Registry',
        'PerlSendHeader' => 'On',
        'PerlSetEnv' => [
          'PERL5LIB',
          '/opt/capmon/inc:/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/capmon/cgi'
        ],
        'SetHandler' => 'perl-script'
      }
    }
  }
};

It gives no errors, but just doesn't treat it as CGI. As far as I can see,
it is *exactly* equivalent to the <Directory> section at the top, isn't it?

In a <perl> </perl> section, this works *does* work:

$Files = {
  '_*.mod' => {
    'PerlHandler' => 'Apache::Registry',
    'PerlSendHeader' => 'On',
    'PerlSetEnv' => [
      'PERL5LIB',
      '/opt/capmon/inc:/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/capmon/cgi'
    ],
    'SetHandler' => 'perl-script'
  }
};

But it isn't limited to the /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/capmon/ directory.

How do I restrict it to a particular directory?

I've read the
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/config.html#Apache_Configuration_in_Perl

section
     and
http://modperl.com:9000/book/chapters/ch8.html#Configuring_Apache_with_Perl
and especially from the last reference, I've tried to follow the "Directive
is a Nested Block " section exactly. Are there any other pointers?

I'm running on SuSE Linux 7.2:

pvm@lyta:~/capmon> rpm -qa | egrep -i 'apache|mod_perl'
apache-1.3.19-48
mod_perl-1.25-30
perl-Apache-SSI-2.16-28

It's also 28C in this room, so maybe that is the root cause!! :-)

Thanks for your attention thus far,

Peter

P.S: When you subscribe to this mailing list, or when you look for the FAQ
on Google, you are pointed towards:
http://perl.apache.org/faq/
But this is a 404...