Hi Stas,

Thank you for your reply!

It worked like a charm! I can't believe I didn't try that:  %Directory
vs. $Directory --- RTFM!

Peter

                    Stas Bekman

                    <stas@stason.        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    org>                 cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                         Subject:     Re: <perl> section: <Files>
under <Directory> - whats wrong
                    07/30/2002           here?

                    10:17 AM

Peter, there are two problems:

1. you misread the usage explanations

It cannot be:

$Directory = { }

it must be:

%Directory = ().

Reread
http://modperl.com:9000/book/chapters/ch8.html#Configuring_Apache_with_Perl
again for the explanation.

<snip>

here is a workaround that should solve your problem:

$Directory{'/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/capmon/'} = {
     FilesMatch =>  {
             'Options'        => '+ExecCGI',
             'SetHandler'     => 'perl-script',
             'PerlSendHeader' => 'On',