Good I'm not mad :-)

>   From CGI.pm, version 2.81:
>
>      35 # >>>>> Here are some globals that you might want to
> adjust <<<<<<
>      36 sub initialize_globals {
>      37     # Set this to 1 to enable copious autoloader
> debugging messages
>      38     $AUTOLOAD_DEBUG = 0;
>      39
>      40     # Set this to 1 to generate XTML-compatible output
> >>   41     $XHTML = 1;
>      42
>      43     # Change this to the preferred DTD to print in
> start_html()
>      44     # or use default_dtd('text of DTD to use');
>      45     $DEFAULT_DTD = [ '-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN',
>      46
>'http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd' ] ;
>     47
>
>Judging from line 35 you might want to adjust some of those globals.
>
>If you are using CGI in the OO way, you can just subclass CGI:
>
>  package My::CGI;
>
>  use base qw(CGI);
>  sub initialize_globals {
>      CGI::initialize_globals();
>      $CGI::XHTML = 0;
>  }
>
>And then:
>
>  my $q = My::CGI->new;
>
>Of course, I haven't tested this.
>
>Another option is to call:
>
>  CGI->import("-no_xhtml");
>
>at the top of your Registry script, which will be executed every time,
>whereas the "use CGI qw( -no_xhtml );" is only being called at compile
>time.

Lookout has givenup putting the '>'s in!..... grh

Thanks for those Darren,

With out wishing to be rude, the above are all workarrounds the bug (ie it
should not overide the -no_xhtml pragma), and we've used our own.

The subclssing one was good thou! and I did not know the CGI->import one.

Thanks,

Greg

(darren)

--
You can put a man through school, but you cannot make him think.
    -- Ben Harper

This message and any attachment has been virus checked by
Pfizer Corporate Information Technology, Sandwich.