Greetings,

The website I'm supporting is running both TOMCAT applications ('.war'), and has mod_perl scripts (all of them are registry - CGI scripts). I have the following requirements:

  • The user identification information must be shared between TOMCAT and mod_perl (so that the user does not need to login twice).
  • No data sharing between mod_perl and TOMCAT application - but each of them need to store some persistent data.
  • Session should be persistent across server restarts (which excludes shared memory based solutions).
I'm currently using 'home-grown' session management, where each session is represented as a file. Both TOMCAT (4.0.4), and mod_perl (Apache::Session) can serialize session state. Can anyone suggest a smart way to get the two to work together - at minimum, I need to be able to create and destroy sessions, and to have the user id shared between the two. Preferably, using files (and not mysql).

Thanks,
Yair Lenga