Yair Lenga wrote:
> The website I'm supporting is running both TOMCAT applications ('.war'),
> and has mod_perl scripts (all of them are registry - CGI scripts). I
> have the following requirements:
>
>     * The user identification information must be shared between TOMCAT
>       and mod_perl (so that the user does not need to login twice).
>     * No data sharing between mod_perl and TOMCAT application - but each
>       of them need to store some persistent data.
>     * Session should be persistent across server restarts (which
>       excludes shared memory based solutions).

You would probably have to implement the session interface on both
sides.  It could be fairly easy to implement sessions if you make a few
assumptions, like a session will be a single hash with no complex
structures or objects in it.  A simple serialization scheme would then
be possible for both languages (maybe use an existing XML one).  You can
use a database for persistent storage from both sides.

- Perrin