On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Anton Permyakov wrote:

> Randy, thank you,
> now it looks like it will work... but my project also uses following
> packages i could not install with PPM:
>
> Class::DBI
> Class::DBI::Extension
> Ima::DBI
>
> There are ppd for Class::DBI and Ima::DBI, but PPM says they are not for
> this build of Perl (MSWin32-x86-multi-thread).
> Is it diffucult to create ppd files from tar.gz files?
> Can i do it by myself?
>
> Anton.

It isn't that difficult, at least for distributions that don't
need a C compiler. But if there are no ppm packages available,
it's worth setting up the CPAN.pm module to build things -
   C:\> perl -MCPAN -e shell
will start things off. You'll need 'nmake' as your make
program, which you can get from
  ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/softlib/mslfiles/nmake15.exe
as a self-extracting archive. One nice thing about CPAN.pm is
that it will follow and build for you any required dependencies.

--
best regards,
randy