Perhaps it's obvious but after years of mod_perl, I was blocked,
probably because using this basic Perl ability is frowned upon in
mod_perl due to performance issues. Of course, during startup,
performance isn't an issue. :-)

In my case, I wanted to PerlPassEnv all environment variables that began
with EWINGZ_

<Perl>
   for ( grep { /^EWINGZ_/ } `env` ) {
     my ($key) = /^([^=]+)/;
     push @PerlPassEnv,$key;
   }
</Perl>

Stas: I asked this question almost exactly a year ago and nobody
answered it. I asked it yesterday, and again nobody answered it. Perhaps
this should be the <Perl> Sections section of the guide? After all, the
guide already mentions something very similar to this.

--
-- Tom Mornini
-- InfoMania Printing and Prepress