Tom Mornini wrote:
> Perhaps it's obvious but after years of mod_perl, I was blocked,
> probably because using this basic Perl ability is frowned upon in
> mod_perl due to performance issues. Of course, during startup,
> performance isn't an issue. :-)
>
> In my case, I wanted to PerlPassEnv all environment variables that began
> with EWINGZ_
>
> <Perl>
>   for ( grep { /^EWINGZ_/ } `env` ) {
>     my ($key) = /^([^=]+)/;
>     push @PerlPassEnv,$key;
>   }
> </Perl>
>
> Stas: I asked this question almost exactly a year ago and nobody
> answered it. I asked it yesterday, and again nobody answered it. Perhaps
> this should be the <Perl> Sections section of the guide? After all, the
> guide already mentions something very similar to this.

Funny, but there are too many things in the guide to remember. The new
search feature exposes them all, just remember to use it.

I was just about to add your tip, when I've found it
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html#Passing_ENV_variables_to_CGI
which was added about 3 years ago:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/Changes.html#05_17_1999_ver_1_11

may be we need to add a xref from the <Perl> sections section?