At 09:16 27.08.2002, zt.zamosc.tpsa.pl wrote:
>Hi all
>
>Does anyone know where I can find some information on creating big projects
>in Perl (mod_perl)?
>I am facing the really big project now but I don't know what stucture of the
>program will be the best.
>
>There are such things like Struts, jBoss in Java. What about Perl?

Well, with mod_perl you have many possibilities. I would advise you to read
http://perl.apache.org/docs/tutorials/apps/scale_etoys/etoys.html for an
explanation about a big project involving mod_perl at EToys, and
http://perl.apache.org/products/app-server.html for a list of application
servers available for mod_perl (as well as maybe
http://perl.apache.org/docs/tutorials/tmpl/comparison/comparison.html to
look at how to choose a templating system).

You might also want to develop your own architecture based on MVC, which we
had a long discussion about here recently. For a lot of interesting
reading, look at these threads:
    o http://mathforum.org/epigone/modperl/jilgygland
    o http://mathforum.org/epigone/modperl/pahphucree
    o http://mathforum.org/epigone/modperl/solchaxzim