From: Oleg Shaikhatarov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 4:16 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: large projects in mod_perl

There is a really big project called HSPcomplete written mostly on Perl
(AFAIK it took about 200-300 man months to complete 2.0 version).

It has a three-tier architecture:

Web Apps (Forms processing) <-> Middle Tier (data management) <->
Low-level Libs

It uses own templating system called ASPcms, which uses Text::Template
as a low-level template processor + has a number of common Perl
libraries:

* lib to construct web forms
* Mid-Tier Abstract lib
* DB abstraction library
* lib to construct multi-step wizards
* security and license management lib
etc...

Product homepage:

http://www.sw-soft.com/products/hspcomplete/

Regards,
Oleg Shaikhatarov

zt.zamosc.tpsa.pl wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Does anyone know where I can find some information on creating big
projects
> in Perl (mod_perl)?
> I am facing the really big project now but I don't know what stucture of
the
> program will be the best.
>
> There are such things like Struts, jBoss in Java. What about Perl?
>
> Thank you in advance.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com