At 19:37 27.08.2002, The Surprises wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I am writing a modperl module to create dynamic picture web pages
>created from .jpg files in a given directory.  It basically puts a bunch
>of pictures on the screen.  I am seeing inconsistent behavior and I
>don't know where to look for a solution.  When I load the page, random
>pictures don't get loaded.  They're just small boxes on the screen.
>Reloading the page will give me another set of random missing pictures.
>The server is behind a cable modem and it has a max upload bandwidth of
>256kb, so it's kinda slow.  Am I seeing some sort of timeout or
>flakiness with my cable modem bandwidth?

As you don't give a lot of information about your configuration, this is
just a wild guess, but I suppose that your image files get corrupted
somehow, maybe because the directory they reside in is configured to be
served through CGI or Apache::Registry.

Can you fetch the images with a direct URL? Are you sure the URLs are even
correct? Have you checked your error log?

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]