Pierre Laplante wrote:
> If I compiled a c module that embed a perl interpreter and
> I benchmark this again the same module in mod_perl
>
> I got a big difference in favor of mod_c.

It will be hard for anyone to give you a good answer unless you post the
code that you benchmarked.  At a guess, I would say that mod_perl is
probably doing more work in order to give you access to apache
internals.  You also may not have configured mod_perl for best
performance.  For example, if you have it configured to emulate CGI by
setting up environment variables that will take more time.

- Perrin