Hi there,

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, funkaster wrote:

> (bbs) using DBI to access a mysql database.
[snip]
> The problem I'm facing right now is that it works the first time. But
> the second time I make a request to the database (when I pass a
> $msg_id parameter) it won't work

Read the debugging section of the Guide which contains useful tips
about how to figure out what's going on in there.  I always like to
print things to the error_log to see what values are in my variables
as execution proceeds.

There is a section in the Guide which talks about "Sometimes it works,
sometimes it doesn't".  Have you seen it?  You could try starting
Apache with 'httpd -X' to see if the symptoms of your problem change.

73,
Ged.