[...]
>> If I can use RPM under SCO Open Server 5.0.6, and it gives me perl
>> with all the modules, Apache, and mod_perl, I 'd definitely go for
>> that.  Anyone used RPM to copy installation under SCO?
[...]

My approach is to build perl, Apache, mod_perl, etc. in development
mirroring the directory heirarchy that will exist on the deployed
platform.  Once this is done, I can work within its confines through
unit test.

Consequently I've been able to simply tar/gzip this entire tree from
some common root, drop it onto the install target, undo it all at the
same root and have it function as expected.

I thought I'd be pushing the limits of shared library compatibility and
other arch. details as I'm developing on Solaris 7 and the deployment
target is Solaris 8 ... however it has not failed me yet.

YMMV.

Peace.