Thanks - I tried that earlier and again at your suggestion - no change in the behavior
is noted.

This is really frustrating - there doesn't seem to be anything special about this
config that should cause me such trouble. I suppose tomorrow I could try the kludge
that is recommended in that thread, but given the lack of complaints about this
module, I assume it is working for everyone else. Either that or no one is using
it...could *that* be true? Is this module is not as useful as it seems at first glance?

If it is working for everyone else, I want it to work for me, and I would prefer not
to have to track my own patches whenever new versions come out naturally....

GV