Okay, at least twice now I've sent this person explicit (and even
polite) instructions on how to unsubscribe, once even including an
explicit link  for each of these two email addresses. Both times I
included instructions on how to get more instructions, both via email,
and with reference links. He still keeps mailing me (personally) these
notes, apparently without reading my responses. I don't want to just
filter him out and ignore him, but I'm about to unless someone has
another suggestion.

Can someone help me be nice, or is it beyond hope?