On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Todd Finney wrote:

> Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:42:08 -0400
> From: Todd Finney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: OT: Are things really this bad?
>
> I was looking at jobs.perl.org this afternoon, and there are a lot of
> things on there like this:
>
>       - "we'll pay you when we have some money"
>       - $20-$30 an hour
>       - "Do all this, we'll give you $75."
>
> I'm not *really* in the market, but more work is always better.   Are
> the jobs on there really representative of what's going on out there,
> or are they somehow skewed?
>
> Just curious.
>
> cheers,
> Todd

I subscribe to the Perl jobs list, not because I'm looking, but just
to stay up on what people are looking for and what they will pay.
I've seen plenty like what you describe, but I've also seen a position
in the equities dept. of a finance company that pays $90-110, and
O'Reilly just posted with a full-time Perl gig in Cali.  There is
definitely a wide range of pay and prestige, but I think there are
some good positions out there.

ky