Eric Frazier wrote:
> Here is the kind of thing that is driving me nuts. Please see:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/perl_reference/perl_reference.html#Remed
> ies_for_Inner_Subroutines
>
> If what this says is true, then either I don't have a closure type problem,
> or else what is says isn't true.

That documentation refers to one particular problem involving nested
subs.  You don't need to have nested subs to have closures, and closures
may not even be the problem.

You need to do some debugging.  Narrow things down by verifying your
assumptions one by one.  Is CGI.pm really giving you the values you
expect?  (Some people have experienced issues with params not being
reset when using CGI.pm in certain ways.)  Is your SQL query being built
correctly each time?  Is the data that you're passing to the template
correct?  Throw in some warn statements.  Run it in the debugger if you
need to.

- Perrin