At 11:58 AM 10/14/02 -0400, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>Eric Frazier wrote:
>> Here is the kind of thing that is driving me nuts. Please see:
>> http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/perl_reference/perl_reference.html#Remed
>> ies_for_Inner_Subroutines
>>
>> If what this says is true, then either I don't have a closure type problem,
>> or else what is says isn't true.
>
>That documentation refers to one particular problem involving nested
>subs.  You don't need to have nested subs to have closures, and closures
>may not even be the problem.
>
>You need to do some debugging.  Narrow things down by verifying your
>assumptions one by one.  Is CGI.pm really giving you the values you
>expect?  (Some people have experienced issues with params not being
>reset when using CGI.pm in certain ways.)  Is your SQL query being built
>correctly each time?

I have checked the above, and I have lots of warns spaced around so I can
watch things in the error log.

  Is the data that you're passing to the template
>correct?

That I am not so sure of. I will do some more investigation. It seems like
the only variables that could be causing this are the result set from the
query and the scalar which holds the html template.  I feel like I know
absolutly nothing now :(   I installed Apache::DB but don't yet know what to
make of it.

Thanks again,

Eric

  Throw in some warn statements.  Run it in the debugger if you
>need to.
>
>- Perrin

(250) 655 - 9513 (PST Time Zone)

"Inquiry is fatal to certainty." -- Will Durant