Whoa guys, we do actually have somewhat of a clue over here. That piece was a mistake (for the same reasons all of you took issue with) and was pulled as soon as I explained the problems with it (and before I'd ever seen any of the comments on list).

The url to the story, and most of our site, clearly says we 'use Perl;'. We use PHP only for simple templating functions, and as a continuation of legacy setup, and is slated for complete removal.

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
"allan" == allan juul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

allan> odd yes, they are up to date it seems
allan> head('http://www.newsfactor.com/perl/story/19716.html')

allan> returns:
allan> Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) PHP/4.2.2 mod_perl/1.27

allan> bad article BTW IMHO
allan> ./allan

Heh. They really *don't* understand even what they have.

Here's the source to part of the page I got during signup:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" content="30;URL=Apache::Cookie=SCALAR(0x8974a94)">
Thank you for registering, merlyn.
Your registration is now complete. <p> You will now be taken back to the page you were on before the sign-up process.
Or you can click <a href=Apache::Cookie=SCALAR(0x8974a94)>here</a> to return quicker.
Regards, <br>
NewsFactor team

Heh! Apache::Cookie=SCALAR(0x....) Even in the refresh header!

That's just too funny.

This is a bug introduced by having to insert workarounds for segfaults caused by Apache::Cooke/mod_perl. I've been asking for help with this issue for off and on for months now. See:

http://www.geocrawler.com/mail/thread.php3?subject=repost%3A+%5Bmp1.0%5D+recurring+segfaults+on+mod_perl-1.27%2Fapache-1.3.26&list=182

Daniel Bohling
NewsFactor Network