Jim Martinez wrote:

On Oct 30 Richard Clarke wrote:

Does anyone in the list use any kind of version control (e.g. CVS) for
the perl/template codebase of their website?

Using cvs, I'm not sure of an elegant way to update. I'm worried about CVS subdirectories sitting under htdocs, to be specific.
Perhaps I just am not familiar enough with cvs. Perhaps there is an option that will supress the CVS that will ease rollouts.

The specific comments given so far are great.

On Oct 30 Jesse Erlbaum wrote:

SSH is also encrypted and secure. Just make sure to configure your
web server to block access to "CVS/" directories!

Also, Randal Schwartz wrote about cvs is a slightly more general setting:
http://www.linux-mag.com/2002-07/perl_01.html

Jim

I should have known better. Is there any topic he *hasn't* written an article on?

Ric