On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I don't believe in transfering _any_ binaries around,
> every binary recompiles on its new platform at install
> time. All modules, apache, external software etc. This
> eliminates those pesky little problems that pop up when
> you start pushing binaries.

Uhmn, if your systems are well managed you don't get any of those
"pesky little problems".   Do you recompile the base system on each
server too?

In my experience, then as soon as you have more than a few handfuls
of servers you get more trouble trying to coordinate recompiling
binaries than doing it once and distributing them (in tarballs,
rpms, or with your revisioning system).

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/ !try; do();