Hi Jesse,

I really like your approach, and appreciate your explanation. I'm wondering
how you handle the packaging and installation; do you just use a shell
script to put the different pieces where they belong, or have you devised
something else?

Right now I'm also using CVS for my web development, and have the modules
built around ExtUtils::ModuleMaker. The server gets updated via the
standard perl Makefile.PL && make && make test && make install. My htdocs
and templates are in their own dirs but in the same overall hierarchy as
what ModuleMaker generates, and they get installed during the 'make
install' part through some extra rules in the Makefile.PL files.  Devdocs
are all in POD, but I don't really have the bin and cron types of things
from your system well integrated; they seem too peripheral to include with
the 'make install' stuff. Of course another consideration is that I'm
developing for an intranet, not deploying to external customers, so I have
a lot more control of the production server.

Wes Sheldahl

"Jesse Erlbaum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 10/30/2002 04:47:41 PM