Well, I've managed to make some significant progress:  I got past that
hang (apparently modperl was having problems with the URL b/c some of
the values were being passed empty... i.e.,
"stage=4&eqtype=All&cont=&restrictflags=12"... notice that cont has no
value.

At any rate, I solved that problem by forcing the form that passes the
information in to always have at least a bare minimum of data in each
field... and it seems to be working.

My next problem, which took four hours to track down, is that it turns
out that mod_perl is choking on null values being retrieved from MySQL.
I'm using DBI for the interface, and the actual fetch_row is performing
exactly the way it should... but when it tries to do anything with my
scalar once it has a null in it, it just chokes & sits there until it
times out.  Is this a known bug?  Is there a known fix for it, other
than ensuring I never have null values in my database?

Thanks,

Mike Forbes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]