--- Randy Kobes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Sumitro Chowdhury wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > well I have read all (whatever scanty little
> > available) docs on mod_perl 2 and am pretty
> > disappointed.
>
> Additions, I'm sure, are welcome :)
>
> > For example Apache::Request is not ready yet so
> you
> > need Apache::compat and mod_perl 1 for basic POST
> > request handling and parsing.
> >
> > In my opinion, stay with mod_perl 1.
>
> They're working on libapreq for Apache2, and as has
> been
> pointed out, mod_perl-2 is still in the development
> stage. For basic form handling, though, you can use
>     my %args = $r->Apache::args;

Hmmmm....
I thought POST request handling needs
$r->read($buf,$r->headers_in->{'Content-length'})
and GET request handling needs
$r->args();

Thank you, Randy for the quick response. Since I have
watched your contribution to the list, I was hoping if
you could discuss {setup,should,get}_client_block API
for handling POST data on this list.

Inspite of all my rantings, I still use mod_perl 2.0
;-)

Thanks again,
Sumitro Chowdhury