Hi there,

On 8 Nov 2002, Brett Hales wrote:

> I believe that there is a bug in the Apache::AuthenNTLM module.

Did you see this?

73,
Ged.

Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 17:46:15 -0600 (CST)
From: Gerald Combs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: NTLM Authentication patch

We recently installed AuthenNTLM where I work, and ran into the POST
problems described in the thread at

After looking through a couple of network traces I think I've found the
problem.  It appears that after IE authenticates via NTLM, it sends type 1
messages for subsequent requests during a keepalive session.  This is fine
and dandy unless you're sending a POST request - when it sends the type 1
message, it also sends a "Content-length: 0", and doesn't append the POST
data.  Since the browser has successfully authenticated itself earlier in
the keepalive session, AuthenNTLM validates the request and a POST with no
accompanying POST data gets passed to the server.

Attached is a patch against the 0.21 release that fixes this behavior (in
our environment, at any rate).  I know very little about NTLM
authentication and mod_perl coding, so the patch may not be entirely
correct.