Hi there,

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Francesc Guasch wrote:

> I have a RH8.0 with apache-1.3.27 and mod_perl-1.27.  I'm trying to
> install Apache::VMonitor, but I can't make Apache::Scoreboard-0.10.

> In file included from DummyScoreboard.xs:14:
>
>/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Apache/include/modules/perl/mod_perl.h:261:
>
> parse error before '*' token
>
>/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Apache/include/modules/perl/mod_perl.h:261:
>
> warning: data definition has no type or storage class

Well I'd love to see the command which caused these errors, but it
looks like either a bug in gcc-3.2-7 or maybe somehow a file is
damaged.  But both seem very unlikely explanations to me.

Have you built mod_perl with gcc-3.2 before?  Was your Perl built with
gcc-3.2?  If not you probably need to do that first, but I don't think
it will help with this particular problem.

FWIW I've attached my mod_perl.h (from mod_perl-1.27 sources); as you
can see in my file the line which your compiler is complaining about
seems to be just another typedef like the others in that part of the
code.  I can't see why it should cause a problem.

Did you build your compiler?  If so did you run the test suites?  I'm
currently trying to build gcc-3.2 from source and the test suites fail
quite miserably.  I'm investigating as and when I get a chance.

73,
Ged.