Ged Haywood wrote:
On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Francesc Guasch wrote:
install Apache::VMonitor, but I can't make Apache::Scoreboard-0.10.
In file included from DummyScoreboard.xs:14:
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Apache/include/modules/perl/mod_perl.h:261: parse error before '*' token

Well I'd love to see the command which caused these errors, but it
looks like either a bug in gcc-3.2-7 or maybe somehow a file is
damaged.  But both seem very unlikely explanations to me.

Thank you for trying, Ged.

Have you built mod_perl with gcc-3.2 before?
Well, mod_perl works find in this server. I built it myself.
This is RH8.0, and it comes with apache2 and mod_perl-1.99

>  Was your Perl built with gcc-3.2?

I installed the perl binary from RH8.0

If not you probably need to do that first, but I don't think
it will help with this particular problem.
I'm gonna build it, but I don't think it'll work

FWIW I've attached my mod_perl.h (from mod_perl-1.27 sources); as you
can see in my file the line which your compiler is complaining about
seems to be just another typedef like the others in that part of the
I tried with different mod_perl versions, the one that came
with RH7.3 and I made the rpm hacking thingie with mod_perl-1.27
from CPAN. I checked the lines that failes and are simple typedefs

Did you build your compiler?
nope.
I'll try perl-5.8 from source first.

mod_perl works fine in this RH8.0, I only can't compile
Apache::Scoreboard.