Better choice is add .shtml to server-parsed. See below:

    #
    # To use server-parsed HTML files
    #
    AddType text/html .shtml .html .htm
    AddHandler server-parsed .shtml .html .htm

Willy

                      simran

                      <simran.list@leonardchr        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      istian.com>                    cc:

                                                     Subject:  Server Parsed .shtml
files...
                      11/14/2002 03:50 AM

Hi All,

I have a auth protected area for the apache server:

Aka, the location /auth is password protected by Perl*Handlers and
usually i only write other PerlHandlers that do things under that
location.

However, i need to put a .shtml file into that diretory (it is also a
normal directory under the document root).

Putting .html files there is no problem, they display fine, however,
.shtml files do not get parsed when in that directory (they work fine
from everywhere else on the server). I assume this is because under that
directory, SetHandler is set to perl-script and not server-parsed?

Is there a way i can use the "Files" directive (or any other way) to get
the server to parse .shtml files in that directory?

simran.