Thomas Klausner wrote:
Hi!

Yes, this is a RFC for Yet Another Templating System. I know that
there are a lot of those around. But this own might be
different/interesting (at least I think/hope so...)

I also posted this on perlmonks:

So, here it is, in POD format:

Don't do it.  If you want a stripped down version of
an existing templatting language, then that's great.
Work with the authors of exising frameworks like Template Toolkit
or HTML::Template that *were designed* as pure template frameworks
( as opposed to the app frameworks like Embperl, ASP, AxKit, Mason)

I'm sure you can get the authors to accept patches to disable features
that you don't want, you might even be able to create a subclass
of such a template module that sets these for the end user,
so if they just "use Template:JustVarsPlease", and Template::JustVarsPlease
is a subclass of Template or HTML::Template, then you have
your solution.

Those template solutions that are too much for you got that way
because their users wanted & needed more.  That is the natural
evolution of these things.  The perl template user community is
already fractured enough, better to hop onto a project, hack it to your
satisfaction ( with the blessing of the maintainers ) to get
the configs/subclasses you need for your requirements.

That's what I would do anyway. :)

Regards,

Josh