> Hi All
>
> I know I can use $r->dir_config() to access parameter values
> set in the config file with PerlSetVar, but is it possible to
> access the value of generic Apache configuration directives?

This is described in the [EagleBook] (worth your money, IMHO),
and this particular chapter is available on-line:

http://modperl.com:9000/book/chapters/ch8.html

<!DOCTYPE biblioentry PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN">
    <biblioentry>
      <abbrev>EagleBook</abbrev>
      <title>Writing Apache modules in Perl and C</title>
      <authorgroup>
        <author>
          <firstname>Lincoln</firstname>
          <surname>Stein</surname>
        </author>
        <author>
          <firstname>Doug</firstname>
          <surname>MacEachern</surname>
        </author>
      </authorgroup>
      <publishername>O'Reilly</publishername>
      <isbn>1-56592-567-X</isbn>
      <pagenums>724</pagenums>
      <authorblurb>
        beast chosen by O'Reilly to decorate the cover of the book
        (the cover page outlines are turquoise/light green). There is
        a <ulink url="http://modperl.com:9000/";>companion
        website</ulink> too. </para>
      </authorblurb>
    </biblioentry>

--
Dominique QUATRAVAUX                           Ingénieur développeur senior
01 44 42 00 35                                 IDEALX