From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> > Hi All
> >
> > I know I can use $r->dir_config() to access parameter values
> > set in the config file with PerlSetVar, but is it possible to
> > access the value of generic Apache configuration directives?
>
> This is described in the [EagleBook] (worth your money, IMHO),
> and this particular chapter is available on-line:

Thanks for your reply.  I agree, it is a great book and I
spent quite some time reading it before asking the question.
Unfortunately, either I have missed something in the book or
you've misunderstood my question.

What I want to do is determine the current setting of the
standard 'DirectoryIndex' parameter used by mod_dir.  This
is not a simple PerlSetVar and it is not a new directive
I'm creating for my Perl module - both these scenarios are
covered in book.  What I want to know is, for the current
Directory/VirtualHost/Server, what would mod_dir do?

Regards
Grant