At 23:17 05.12.2002 +0100, you wrote:
Fabian Kreitner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I have problems connecting to an oracle db using mod_perl but cant
> figure out where the problem is. The script works fine from the bash
> but not through perl::registry. The script only sets the environment
> variables and then tries a connect.
>
> (...)
>      !! ERROR: 12154 'Error while trying to retrieve text for error
>      ORA-12154 (DBD ERROR: OCIServerAttach)'

Either you removed message files from your Oracle installation (not
very likely) or you failed to set ORACLE_HOME so that OCI libraries
below DBD::Oracle notice this variable.

Double check the way you set your environment.
$ENV{'ORACLE_HOME'} is set correctly right before the connection attempt (it missing would result in an additional warning in the trace). Also, the same script run from bash does successfully connect (same users, all envs set in script).

I did an additional installation with apache-1.3.27 & mod_perl-1 and in this combination the test script does work =/