At 09:45 06.12.2002 +0800, you wrote:
Marcin Kasperski wrote:
Fabian Kreitner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Hello all,

I have problems connecting to an oracle db using mod_perl but cant
figure out where the problem is. The script works fine from the bash
but not through perl::registry. The script only sets the environment
variables and then tries a connect.

(...)
    !! ERROR: 12154 'Error while trying to retrieve text for error
    ORA-12154 (DBD ERROR: OCIServerAttach)'
Either you removed message files from your Oracle installation (not
very likely) or you failed to set ORACLE_HOME so that OCI libraries
below DBD::Oracle notice this variable.
Double check the way you set your environment.
And if that's the case, watch the new culprit under 2.0:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.html#C_Libraries_Don_t_See_C__ENV__Entries_Set_by_Perl_Code
Now I understand where the problem might be ... yes that looks promising. Thanks both of you :)
Unfortunately I need to find a new spare server first before I cant test it.

cheers
Fabian