While reading Mark Fowler excelent Perl Advent Calendar (http://www.perladvent.org/2002/) 6th entry: http://www.perladvent.org/2002/6th/, in the references section I've noticed a link to Nicolas Clark's notes from his YAPC::EU::2002 presentation, on how to make your perl code faster: http://www.ccl4.org/~nick/P/Fast_Enough/

It's a very good read, and very relevant to us mod_perl users, who always want to have their code run faster. I especially liked it since it's very concise and gives you ideas of areas to explore. Certain things Nicolas talks about are already covered in detail in the mod_perl documentation. BTW, most other things mentioned in his notes are in the performance section of our upcoming mod_perl book (ora promises to get the book on the shelves in feb-mar next year).

Me thinking to ask Nicolas to contribute these notes to our tutorial section
(http://perl.apache.org/docs/tutorials/) and if possible to add some more meat to the original notes. If you remember our evil plan was to host at perl.apache.org interesting tutorials, relevant to mod_perl developers, but which are of interest to non-mod_perl developers too, thus bringing them to our site and hopefully getting them interested in mod_perl. Nicolas's doc, looks like a good bite ;)