On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Scott Alexander wrote:

> The html documents are on the mod_perl machine. What happens if users add
> php code to their html documents?
>
> If I add php support on the front_end will it work normally?

* Have you thought of setting a separate document route for php (if they
are .html templates from one document route)?

* Have you considered placing it on the proxied machine and getting your
mod_perl handler to decline if it finds PHP tags (if they are all .html
from one document root)?

* If you :
        * proxy *.html on the proxy server or whatever distingues your
mod_perl content.
        * catch all <Files *.php> on your proxy server

  that might do the trick.

> topic. I don't know what mailing list to ask this on. I'm doing distance
> work and living 150 km above the Arctic Circle ....

Cool.  Very Cool.  Or even extremely cold. ;)

I'm curious.  What are you working on?

Rafiq