Scott Alexander wrote:
At the moment I have a front_end server with no php support.

Backend is mod_perl. I'm planning to extend our document management
system to serve www pages.

The html documents are on the mod_perl machine. What happens if users add
php code to their html documents?
Nothing, unless you add PHP support to that machine and make sure mod_perl is not serving those documents. You can't have them both handle the same documents.

If I add php support on the front_end will it work normally?
No, not if the front-end is proxying. It has to be actually serving those documents locally in order to run them through PHP.

- Perrin