I've got a mod_perl feed-back form that sends mail to a specific address..
Spammers have their bots hitting the form now.  The tricks I know of are:

- generate a random image of numbers and make the user type in the numbers
on the form.  Painful for the user and spammers probably have OCR!

- require an email and send a confirmation email (like a list
subscription) and whitelist some email addresses.  But we want to allow
anonymous submissions.

- limit submissions by IP number to one every X minutes.  AOL users may
get blocked.

- md5 the submission and block duplicates (should do this anyway).  BTW --
what would you recommend for caching the md5 strings.  Cache::Cache or
DBM?  I suppose a Cache::Cache file cache would be the easiest.

Any other ideas on the "easy to implement" side?

--
Bill Moseley [EMAIL PROTECTED]